Maxim Crane Works, L.P received the 2021 Crane & Rigging Group Safety Award and Crane & Rigging Group Safety Improvement Award from the Specialized Carriers & Rigging Association. SC&RA is an international organization comprised of more than 1,400 members from 46 nations.
The SC&RA Crane & Rigging Group Safety Award is given to member companies with a Workers’ Compensation Modification Rate of 1.0 or less; Property Damage Frequency Rate of 1.0 or less; and an incident rate of 1.7 or less, which is less than the industry average of 3.4, as reported by the U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics.
The SC&RA Crane & Rigging Group Safety Improvement Award is given to member companies who show improved incident and/or workers’ compensation modification rates compared to the previous year’s rates and have a property damage frequency rate of 1.0 or less.
“At Maxim we believe our team members are the most valuable aspect of our organization,” said Frank Bardonaro, Chief Operating Officer of Maxim Crane Works, L.P. “We are proud to be an industry leader when it comes to investing in Safety, Fleet and Partnerships. Troy Wagner, our Vice President of Safety, and his team of more than 40 full-time safety personnel are laser focused to ensure that our team and our customers achieve our goals of zero incidents and zero accidents. We appreciate the SC&RA and their continuous investment in developing programs and goals to help our industry remain a safe and sustainable place to work for many generations to come.”
Firms across the United States and around the world submit dozens of entries to the SC&RA Awards competition each year. The Awards program recognizes worldwide excellence in the crane, rigging and specialized transportation industry.
“Our workforce has shown year in and year out that safety is their first priority,” said Troy Wagner, Vice President of Safety for Maxim Crane Works. “Recognition of superior safety performance from an organization like the SC&RA solidifies their dedication and commitment. I am extremely proud of each and every employee in the Maxim family especially under the trying circumstances of 2020. They did not waiver and these awards reflect that.”
The Maxim Safety Advantage
- We employ one of the largest experienced and qualified safety staff in our industry.
- All members of the Maxim team have one goal in mind: to complete your job as efficiently and safely as possible.
- All jobs from inception to completion are subject to multiple levels of pre-planning, including:
- Pre-lift job walks
- Daily risk assessment meetings
- Job hazard analysis
- Audits performed by all levels of management
- With over 6.5 million working hours in the field each year, our dedication to safety is evident in our exceptional EMR; one that consistently stands well below the industry average.
• Maxim has successfully completed the ConstructSecure Independent Safety Assessment Program and has achieved the Platinum Safety Award for the trade: Cranes and Hoists.