WILDER, KY (April 19, 2023) – Maxim Crane Works, L.P. received three awards from the Specialized Carriers & Rigging Association – the Crane & Rigging Safety Award, the Transportation Fleet Safety Award, and the Transportation Fleet Safety Improvement Award. SC&RA is an international organization comprised of more than 1,350 members from 46 nations.
“This is a great honor and reflects on the tremendous effort we put into safety across the organization,” said Paul McDonnell, CEO, Maxim Crane Works. “I salute our employees who make safety an essential part of everything we do.”
Here are some details about the awards Maxim won:
- The SC&RA Crane & Rigging Group Safety Award is given to member companies with a Workers’ Compensation Modification Rate of 1.0 or less; Property Damage Frequency Rate of 1.0 or less; and an incident rate of 1.7 or less, which is less than the industry average of 3.4, as reported by the U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics. This is the 9th year in a row Maxim has won this award.
- The SC&RA Transportation Fleet Safety Award is given to member companies with an accident frequency rate of less than 0.45 during the past year. Maxim has won this award 8 times.
- The SC&RA Transportation Fleet Safety Improvement Award is given to member companies who demonstrate a reduction in their accident frequency rate for miles traveled compared to their previous year. This is the second consecutive year Maxim has won this award.
Firms across the United States and around the world submit dozens of entries to the SC&RA Awards competition each year. The Awards program recognizes worldwide excellence in the crane, rigging and specialized transportation industry.
“The people who work for Maxim have shown each year that safety is their first priority,” said Troy Wagner, Vice President of Safety for Maxim Crane Works. “Recognition of superior safety performance from an organization like the SC&RA solidifies their dedication and commitment. I am extremely proud of the work our team has done.”
The Maxim Safety Advantage
- We employ one of the largest, most experienced, and qualified safety staff in our industry.
- All members of the Maxim team have one goal in mind: to complete your job as efficiently and safely as possible.
- With over 6.5 million working hours in the field each year, our dedication to safety is evident in our exceptional EMR; one that consistently stands well below the industry average.
ABOUT MAXIM CRANE WORKS
Maxim Crane Works is the only coast-to-coast provider of comprehensive lifting services in the United States. We specialize in the rental of heavy-lift equipment, including hydraulic truck cranes, rough terrain cranes, crawler cranes, tower cranes, conventional truck cranes, and boom trucks. We serve various industries, including power and energy, telecommunications, and industrial and commercial construction.
Situated in over 60 locations across the United States, each branch can provide management, rigging, engineering, transportation, and outsourcing – making Maxim Crane Works’ product and service offerings the most far-reaching in the industry and across the country.
Learn more about Maxim Crane Works at www.maximcrane.com.
The Specialized Carriers & Rigging Association (SC&RA) is an international trade association of more than 1,350 members from 46 nations. Our members are involved in specialized transportation, crane and rigging operations, machinery moving and erecting, industrial maintenance, millwrighting, manufacturing, concrete pumping, and rental services. SC&RA helps members run more efficient and safer businesses by monitoring and affecting pending legislation and regulatory policies at the state and national levels; and researching and reporting on safety concerns and best business practices. For more information, visit scranet.org.
Vice President, Digital and Marketing